The Ministry of Public work announced one vacancy as Transportation Engineering Specialist, for Kabul City, that the work fields are in different cities of Afghanistan the applicant should have at least 6 years of work experience at related opportunity fields and the job contract is for one year any gender can apply for the opportunity, and if you have verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education then you can apply for the opportunity. Please apply before the deadline of vacancy the late application will not be accepted by the human resource of the ministry of public work.
- Organization: The Ministry of Public works
- No of opportunity: 1
- Nationality: Afghan
- Application type: Online
- Gender: Male and Female
- Location: Different provinces
- Education: Bachelor degree
- Work experience: 6 years
- Vacancy Number: MOPW/SRTAP/1400-35
- Organization: Road Maintenance Directorate
- Project: Sustainable Reform & Technical Assistance Project (SRTAP)
- Salary: As organization salary scale
- Job Type: Engineering
- Deadline: 15. May. 2021
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in and approves programs for the advancement of urban and rural transportation systems, such as corridor studies, classification studies, route numbering, excess property determination, and urban area determination.
- Interchange spacing, institutional highways, scenic paths, and boundaries Prepare labor and material estimates, plans, and requirements for projects.
- Participates in airport master plan, transit improvement program, or rail plans.
- Uses fiscal, population, land use, and traffic forecasts to back up transportation planning recommendations in rural, metropolitan, and urban areas.
- Analyzes accept, and reviews survey results, writes reports, and makes detailed recommendations about the implementation of rural and urban transportation plans.
- Attends meetings and conferences to review agency activities, plans, and strategies for resolving transportation issues, as well as to carry out coordinated projects in order to satisfy legislative requirements.
- To assess travel distribution and future travel demands develops and tests transportation network models.
- On the technical committee for systematic transportation studies and origin-destination studies, he represents the department.
- Supervise the maintenance or repair of transportation systems or system components.
- Examine the materials used in building projects for compliance with environmental regulations.
- Investigate traffic issues and make recommendations for ways to improve traffic flow and safety.
- Organize and supervise the surveying, staking, and laying out of building sites.
- Estimate transportation project costs.
- Analyze environmental impact statements for transportation projects.
- Ensure the finished transportation projects are in compliance with environmental standards by inspecting them.
- Review development plans to determine potential traffic impact.
Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of administrative management; including,
- organization, planning, staffing, training, budgeting, and reporting.
- Knowledge of the operational and technical problems involved in the administration of a
- specialized program.
- Knowledge of the assigned program specialty.
- Knowledge of reporting methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of the need, preparation, and use of reports.
- Knowledge of community organization.
- Knowledge of urban and regional planning as related to transportation systems.
- Knowledge of techniques used in the collection, organization, and analysis of sociological,
- economic, and other data.
- Knowledge of factors involved in the analysis of complex traffic data to provide the basis for
- such uses as highway classification, determination of jurisdictional responsibility, and long-range
- planning of highway transportation facilities.
- Knowledge of electronic data processing computers and their use in transportation studies.
- Knowledge of the principles of economics, sociology, and environmental science as they related
- to transportation.
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate program and administrative activities of a complex,
- interrelated, and interdependent nature where unknowns and numerous contingency factors are
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and expedite work projects.
- Ability to interpret complex rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate with others verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare charts, maps, and other tools for the analysis of data.
- Ability to make forecasts as a result of studies.
- Bachelors of Civil Transportation Engineering, Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Transport/Civil
- Engineering, Transport Economics and/or Business or other related fields with 6 years of relevant
- experience. A University degree with specialized experience in the transport sector in similar
- organization/s may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
You May Like to Apply
- Crowds at Kabul airport 16. 08. 2021
- Independent Administrative Reform Civil Service Commission, Network Commander
- Ministry of Information Technology, Telecommunications, and Science, Nimroz Digital Coordinator Department
- Independent Directorate for Local Governance, Directorate of Technical Services sector Paktika province
- Ministry of Economy, Department of Economy (Secretary of Economic Committee of Kunduz Province)
All of your documents should be in Copy
- Verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
- Afghan ID Card (Tazkera)
- Verified last job Contract
How to Apply
Keep in Min before you apply read more about the opportunity by downloading the PDF format file from bellow, in the Email Subject line please mention this number: (MoPW/SRTAP/1400-35) and send it here: [email protected],
Read more about job Duties and Responsibility and how to Apply by click PDF or Visit the official website of Public works