Managing and supervising the planning and implementation of plans, strategies, and policies of the Municipal Audit Office, as well as managing and supervising the audit process in accordance with national and international laws and standards.
|Organization||Supreme Audit Office|
|No. of Opportunity||1|
|Gender||Male and female|
|Salary||Original salary + project change points from the first step 109,600.00 AFN to the fifth step 164,489 AFN|
|Job Title||Directorate of Municipal Inspections|
|Experience||Managerial or specialized in one of the departments of auditing, finance, and accounting or other items of specialized duties in this bill of duties from inside or outside the country, at least three years for bachelor, two years for master and one year for a doctorate.|
|Education:||Have at least a bachelor’s degree in economics, public administration, public policy, business administration, financial management, law,|
Qualifications and job responsibilities
- Providing professional advice and cooperation with the Director-General of Audit Compliance with legislative documents in the performance of assigned tasks and daily tasks in order to achieve the goals of the relevant department
- Planning, development, and implementation of policies and strategic plans of the Municipal Audit Office and reporting on the implementation of them
- Active participation in the arrangement, drafting, and formulation of policies, legislative documents, guidelines, and other plans, including the annual audit plan and other benchmarks at the administration level.
- Identify and cover other authorities related to municipal affairs in order to inspect compliance with legislative documents and submit it to the Department of Planning and Policy for inclusion in the annual audit plan after approval by the Director-General of Audit of Compliance with Legislative Documents.
- Ensuring effective and documented follow-up of the audit findings of previous years and its reflection in the audit report
- Adjustment, correction, and purpose of the audit plan based on the risk and the audit program of observing the legislative documents in the municipalities, considering the arrangement of budget, financial and accounting, revenues, procurement, internal control system, applicable accounting and reporting framework, requirements of applicable law, Materiality level and other required items and submitting it to the administration for review and purpose
- Supervise and ensure the conduct of the opening session, implementation of the plan and execution of the audit, observance of legislative documents in the municipalities, documentation of procedures and audit tests, and collection and documentation of sufficient and appropriate evidence.
- Supervise the draft order of the reports in order to draw conclusions from the findings, evidence, and valid and sufficient evidence and share it to obtain the answers of the authorities under audit and conduct the closing session.
- Provide detailed information and credible documents on cases of embezzlement, fraud, and corruption to the competent authority for further necessary action
- Supervise the implementation of the audit Compliance with legislative documents in municipalities in order to ensure compliance with superior practices, compliance with international standards (INTOSAI), ethics of the Supreme Audit Office, use of audit papers, compliance with relevant laws and regulations and guidelines in all stages of the audit And arranging and maintaining audit files for subsequent independent evaluation
- Review of the final report containing the findings and related orders for the purpose of improvement in the internal control system of the relevant authorities, taking into account the considerations of the Department of Report Analysis to the competent officials of the department for study and purpose.
Supervision of the process and mechanism of quality control and assurance in all stages of the audit, observance of recreational documents, and documentation of the results of internal reviews (Internal Review), including the shortcomings and differences noted in each stage of the review
- Active cooperation and participation in increasing the value and improving the performance of the Supreme Audit Office and activities to ensure the public interest, including transparent and accountable financial management and efforts to combat corruption.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work plan in accordance with the general plan, in order to achieve the strategic goals of the department
Managing and organizing all the affairs of the relevant department in accordance with the goals and strategy of the administration and performing tasks on time and in a timely manner, in a good manner and observing the principle of transparency, in accordance with the laws, regulations, and procedures of the country
- Identify and propose the budget needs of the relevant department in order to implement the strategy, policy, and work plan
- Ensuring sound management, recruitment, encouragement, encouragement, training, and development of staff, for better performance in accordance with established criteria
- Evaluate the performance of affected employees in order to create an incentive to improve performance, increase efficiency and productivity, determine training needs and increase capacity building
- Develop and transfer professional skills through workshops, seminars, counseling, and workflow training for affected employees
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field of work
- Leading and providing timely information within government departments, civil society, media, and citizens of the country, taking into account the objectives of the law on access to information and policy
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the Relevant Work Area
Provide monthly, quarterly, annual, and, if necessary, report on the activities and achievements of the relevant department, in order to inform the leadership of the department
Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the relevant department.
- Ensuring effective communication and coordination with the audited authorities and other interested agencies in order to fulfill and implement the audit orders, taking into account the independence and position of the Supreme Audit Office.
- Consulting and coordinating during decision-making in order to regulate the activities and implementation of the Municipal Audit Office with colleagues and competent officials of the department
- Coordinating and ensuring effective communication with colleagues, departments, competent officials of the Supreme Audit Office in order to partner with businesses and consultants to coordinate standard activities and cover new (emerging) audits.
Field of Study
Having at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields of economics, public administration, public policy, business administration, financial management, law, ACCA, CPA and CA and other related fields, and higher degrees in the mentioned fields are preferred.
Managerial or specialized in one of the departments of auditing, finance and accounting or other items of specialized duties in this bill of duties from inside or outside the country, at least three years for bachelor, two years for master and one year for a doctorate.
- Fluency in one of the official languages of the country (Pashto or Dari) and English
- Mastery of computer programs in task-related programs.
- Necessary skills in decision making, communication planning, and reporting.