Travel Assistant by FAO Afghanistan
FAO Afghanistan is investing in resilience-building actions across all 34 provinces, with a focus on protecting agriculture livelihoods and local ecosystems, increasing local production of nutritious foods and cash incomes, and safeguarding critical agriculture sectoral development gains made over the last two decades by revitalizing rural markets and economies. FAO will focus on the following four priority actions in 2022-2023, as part of the UN Transitional Engagement Framework’s (TEF) life-saving assistance Outcome (1): I Wheat Seed Security, (ii) Enhancing Local Production of Nutritious Food, (iii) Livestock Protection and Dairy Sector Support, and (iv) Restoring Irrigation Structures to Boost Cash Incomes. In addition, the FAO will contribute to TEF Outcome 2’s resilience-building operations.
- Do you like to Apply for a Fully-funded Scholarship visit here: AsanScholarship.com
- Opportunity type: job
- Organization: FAAFG
- No of opportunity: 1
- Job Name: Travel Assistant
- Location: Kabul
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Grade Level: not Required
- Gender: Male and Female
- Application type: Online
- Duration: 6 months (with extension subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability)
- Deadline: 04/May/2022, 11:59:00 PM
Tasks and responsibilities
- Initiate travel authorizations (for both domestic/local and foreign travel), ensuring that trip plans, security clearances, terms of references, and cooperation with UNHAS/travel agencies are followed;
- process travel expenditure claims (TECs) in compliance with the Organization’s rules and procedures; compare travel to applicable entitlements;
- Determine, evaluate, and claim travel cost reimbursements from travel agencies or travelers, as well as execute any appropriate follow-up action;
- Verify the accuracy of allowed lump sum payments, travel advances, and post-factum travel claims.
- On a daily basis, provide travel assistance to all FAO Afghanistan personnel for travel arrangements and entitlements in accordance with the Organization’s rules and policies; liaise with relevant travel agents to ensure that the organization receives the best service and price for all commercially related travel;
- University (Bachelor) degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Tourism/Travel, Accounting, or a closely related field.
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in office, travel management, and/or administrative support.
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and local languages (Pashto and/or Dari).
- National of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
To apply, go to the Jobs at FAO recruiting page and fill up your online profile. We highly advise that your profile is accurate and thorough and that it contains your work history, academic credentials, and language abilities.
Visit the official website to read more