Midwifery Support Specialist, Kabul by UNFPA
The Midwifery Support Specialist will provide technical support and coordination to the Midwifery Specialist and Regional Midwifery Specialists for UNFPA’s Special Trust Fund for Afghanistan, as part of UNFPA’s humanitarian programming and response in Afghanistan, under the supervision of the Midwifery Specialist. The reaction will be focused on RH and GBV, which will necessitate tight collaboration with the corresponding CO teams and UN Agencies.
- Opportunity: Job
- Location: Kabul
- Organization: UNFPA Afghanistan
- No of opportunity: 1
- Gender: Male and Female
- Application type: Online
- Job ID: 41125
- Job Time: Full Time
- Duration: 1 year
- Deadline: 10 February 2022
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the region’s other STFA technical focus centers.
- Participate in meetings, such as STFA coordination and project consultations, and write reports as needed in the region.
- Supervise and monitor all STFA-funded activities, as well as contribute to the creation and expansion of up to six more areas.
- To guarantee the excellent quality implementation of project activities in the region, provide technical assistance and direction to the implementing partner, technical employees, and partner agencies.
- Conduct frequent field missions to the project locations in the region and offer feedback on the project’s evaluations and progress.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered Midwife with an advanced university degree in health care sciences, public health, or another related field. Ph.D. in related field preferred
- At least 5 years of increasingly responsible professional and managerial experience in program/ project management in the field of midwifery or maternal health, including at least 3 years in a developing country
- Prior experience of working in the multi-stakeholder environment including NGOs, bilateral and multilateral agencies
- Willing to travel to remote parts of the country to monitor implementation of projects
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications
- Fluency in English is required; Knowledge of other official UN languages would be an asset.
How to Apply
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has set up an electronic application management system. This allows candidates to construct a candidate profile that can be updated on a regular basis and submitted for several job openings. At http://www.unfpa.org/employment, you may get a Step-by-Step Guide to Applying in UNFPA’s E-Recruit System. Please print the Guide so that you may refer to it during the registration and application process.
For more information please visit the official announcement: Click here