Task Objective: Arranging cartographic maps and using geodetic networks, arranging and arranging reports and submitting them to the relevant department to improve the effectiveness of project work activities.
- Location: Kabul
- Organization: Afghanistan Railway Administration
- Salary: As organization salary scale
- No of Opportunity: 1
- Application type: Online
- Gender: Male and Female
- Deadline: 21. June. 2021
Duties and Responsibility
- Preparation and arrangement of maps for field surveys and preparation and arrangement of railway atlas;
- Collecting all available information and figures from the relevant department and grading it for analysis and evaluation by GIS system and remote sensing;
- Analysis of statistics obtained using GIS and Expert Choice software,
- To use it when necessary, maintain, strengthen, develop and adjust the geographic information system;
- Preparation and arrangement of various scale maps according to the demands in order to stabilize the position of railway projects;
- Research on information based on spatial and non-spatial characteristics for inclusion in the database;
- Preparation and arrangement of topographic and cartographic maps and Satellite Imagery in different scales;
- Planning in matters related to geodesy and cartography activities;
- Arranging standard documents and technical specifications for using the course network;
- Provision of technical equipment for geodesy, cartography and other necessary materials and accessories;
- Preparation and production of various large-scale topographic and cartographic maps using aerial and satellite images for use;
- Use of permanent course stations and geodetic networks;
- Topographic survey of projects to obtain figures prepared from the area;
- Analysis of data and information collected for survey and mapping of railway projects;
- Arranging a report on how the geodetic and cartographic drawings of the relevant project are progressing and presenting it to the relevant authority for the purpose of performance awareness;
- Analysis of figures obtained by (GIS) to conclude graph drawing;
- Adaptation of points obtained by the device (GPS) in order to stabilize the position of projects above the map;
- Use of contemporary technical and technical tools and equipment in the technical and technical survey process of projects to have project route maps with coordinates;
- Preparation and arrangement of filing system (dossier) in the form of hard and soft to maintain documents and timely access;
- Preparation and arrangement of monthly, quarterly, and annual work plan in accordance with the general plan of the department, in order to achieve the objectives set by the department;
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports and, if necessary, activities and achievements of the relevant department, in order to inform the leadership of the department;
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the Office;
- Provide communication and coordination of relevant departments to facilitate and expedite the better coherence of affairs;
- Field of study: Having at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields: Geodesy Engineering, GIS Engineering and Geography is preferred to higher degrees in the above fields.
- Work Experience: Have a job-related work experience of at least 5 years for a bachelor’s degree and 4 years for a master’s degree.
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and fluency (writing and speaking) in English;
- Computer skills in the application (GIS) and other task-related applications.
How to Apply
Eligible interested applicants can send their resumes, educational documents, and work experience to [email protected]. In-person request forms are not available.
Note: Please write the title of the post in the subject of the email, otherwise your request will be rejected.