In order to entrust the work of the Afghan Railways to the workers and to achieve the lofty goals of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in reforming and establishing a healthy Civil Service Administration in a series of previous announcements, the following package is here to hire qualified and experienced people through free competition. Change to the competitive announcement:
- Location: Herat
- Organization: Afghan Railways
- Application type: Online
- National: Afghan
- Gender: Male and Female
- No of opportunity: 1
- Rank: 3
- Job Title: Commander of the third section of Khaf-Herat railway
- Vacancy number: HO3rdKHAF-HT-002
- Salary: Original salary + change project points from the first step 63,000 Afghanis to the fifth step 89,944 Afghanis according to the guidelines for payment of change project points
- Deadline: 24. May. 2021
Management of maintenance, operation, trains, railways, stations and identification of safety and security problems and solutions to problems of technical departments.
Duties and Responsibility
- Management of maintenance, operation, and transfer of railways and related stations.
- Manage trains at stations and railway lines under the responsibility on a daily basis in order to provide better services according to the relevant regional plans.
- Monitoring the type of loading and unloading and loading stages at railway stations.
- Examination of the axle weight centers of loaded wagons and train locomotives by digital and computer scales of the railway in order to prevent the destruction of the railways.
- Supervise the preparation, arrangement, and printing of fine tickets for fines for high-tonnage trains that are in conflict with the Regulation on Stopping Wagons of the Afghan Railway Authority.
- Managing to provide standard and timely services to customers and gain their trust.
- Adaptation management, field action plans, and indicators set in accordance with the strategic goals of the department.
- Planning and assigning the workforce in different parts of the station railways and ensuring their availability at different times in order to keep the railways active.
- Supervise the correct and accurate use of safety devices and equipment to prevent potential hazards in railways.
- Identify safety and protection problems in railway stations and routes, receive appropriate solutions to solve them.
- Arranging monthly, quarterly, and annual work plans in accordance with the general plan of the department to achieve the objectives set by the department.
- Transfer of professional skills through workshops, seminars, and workflow training to affected employees.
- Management, performance appraisal, determining training needs, and capacity building of affected departments.
- Submitting monthly, quarterly, annual and, if necessary, work reports on the activities and achievements of the relevant department in order to inform the management of the department.
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department.
- Provide communication and coordination with transport companies, transportation and other stakeholders in order to timely transfer commercial goods.
- Provide communication and coordination with the central departments of the office to better advance affairs.
- Provide communication and coordination with various departments and the private sector to coordinate affairs.
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the disciplines of Seoul Engineering, Railway Engineering, Transportation Building Engineering, Auto Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering from national and international educational institutions, inside or outside the country and with higher degrees in the fields The above is preferred.
- Have at least two years of work-related work experience (railway projects, railway operation, railway maintenance and care, either from national and international institutions inside or outside the country).
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Dari or Pashto) and English
- Computer skills in task-related job
- Work Experience
- Education Documents
- Cover letter
- Application form
How to apply
For more information please visit the official website for the Dari language or you can also visit here Independent Administrative Reform Civil Service Commission