Provide communication and coordination with international environmental institutions and organizations and attract their cooperation, and provide communication and coordination with government organizations and international organizations in the cooperation and social sectors and provide facilities for Afghanistan’s accession to international environmental treaties.
|Organization||National Environmental Protection Agency|
|No. of Opportunity||1|
|Gender||Male and female|
|Job Title||Department of Foreign Coordination and Communication|
|Experience||Managerial or specialized in one of the departments (environment, coordination, relations with global environmental organizations) or other items of specialized duties in this bill of duties from inside or outside the country, at least three years for bachelor, two years for master|
Qualifications and job responsibilities
- Provide the necessary guidance to complete and implement foreign policy.
- Ensuring the activities of the National Environmental Protection Agency at the international level, especially in relation to international agreements by comparing the region, neighboring countries, and the world for their implementation in accordance with accepted norms.
- Attract international assistance to implement projects related to bilateral and multilateral treaties.
- Establish coordination with stakeholders to involve officials and staff of the National Environmental Protection Agency in regional and international environmental meetings.
- Establishing the necessary facilities for the participation of the employees of the National Environmental Protection Agency in short-term training programs, scholarships, and technical workshops abroad
- Establish and maintain fruitful relations with international environmental partners in accordance with the guidelines of the National Environmental Protection Agency.
- Arranging meetings and meetings of international environmental partners with officials of the National Environmental Protection Agency to advance matters.
- Implement a foreign policy on relevant departments and monitor it for timely implementation.
- Order of expression on agreements, contracts, protocols, and memoranda of understanding to be signed between Afghanistan and other countries and regional and international organizations in the field of environment.
- Take the necessary measures in the field of timely organization of relevant conferences and cooperation meetings between Afghanistan and regional and international governments and organizations.
- Preparation and arrangement of monthly, quarterly, and annual work plan in accordance with the general plan of the department, in order to achieve the objectives set by the department;
- Accounting of work performance and ensuring transparency in the relevant department in accordance with the applicable laws of the country;
- Transfer of professional skills through workshops, seminars, and workflow training to affected employees;
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the relevant department;
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field of work;
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the Relevant Work Area;
- Lead and provide the requested information accurately and in a timely manner on how to implement the affected departments to the information authority of the Office in accordance with the Law on Access to Information;
- Leadership, management, performance appraisal, determining training needs and capacity building of affected departments;
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports and, if necessary, the activities and achievements of the relevant department, in order to inform the leadership of the department; And
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department.
- Coordinate with departments and administrations, embassies, international environmental conventions, and related protocols and agreements of regional economic organizations.
- Managing the affairs of meetings of high-ranking officials and staff of the Ministry with representatives of the conflicting states and international organizations active in the field of environmental and social cooperation
- Provide working relations and develop better cooperation with regional and international environmental cooperation organizations, etc.
- Effective coordination of affairs related to development projects funded by foreign governments and regional organizations in cooperation with national stakeholders and reporting to relevant authorities.
Field of Study
At least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (Law of Public Administration Environment and Administration of Political Science Diplomacy and Diplomacy of Administration and Public Policy of Governance) and higher degrees in the following fields are preferred:
Managerial or specialized in one of the departments (environment, coordination, relations with global environmental organizations) or other items of specialized duties in this bill of duties from inside or outside the country, at least three years for bachelor, two years for master And one year for a doctorate.
Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and English;
Computer skills in task-related applications;
Necessary skills in leadership, communication, and decision-making.
The post was re-submitted to the competitive announcement by retaining the previous announcement