Lead and supervise the implementation of the environmental protection mechanism at the provincial level and the effective implementation of the national environmental protection strategy in accordance with the proposed policies in order to protect the healthy environment.
|Organization||National Environmental Protection Agency|
|No. of Opportunity|
|Gender||Male and female|
|Job Title||Department of Environmental Protection of Uruzgan Province|
|Experience||In one of the sections (planning and management of projects related to environmental protection or other cases stated in the objectives and responsibilities of this post) from national and international institutions from inside or outside|
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree in one of the fields: Environment, Agriculture, Geology, Mining, Public Policy, Public Administration, Public Health, Economics|
Qualifications and job responsibilities
- Draft guidelines to identify environmental vulnerabilities in the province in order to adopt protection measures;
- Establishment of mechanisms and adoption of protection measures at the provincial level in order to protect wildlife
- Ensuring the assessment of adverse environmental effects and the activities of public and private manufacturing plants and submitting it to the Office of the Administration and the Supreme Council for Environmental Protection in order to take the necessary protection measures;
- Supervise the implementation of policies to establish local environmental councils in order to involve people in environmental protection;
- Involvement of relevant departments at the provincial level in order to prevent factors that affect or destroy the environment;
- Establish control criteria for public and private industrial (production) sectors at the provincial level and obtain its approval from the administration to prevent environmental destructive factors;
- Planning awareness programs for the people of the relevant province to protect the environment and prevent its destruction;
- Preparation and arrangement of monthly, quarterly, and annual work plan in accordance with the general plan, in order to achieve the strategic goals of the department;
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the relevant department;
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field;
- Leading and providing timely information within government departments, civil society, media, and citizens of the country, taking into account the objectives of the law on access to information and the policy of the relevant department;
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the Relevant Work Area;
- Transfer of professional skills through workshops, seminars, and workflow training to affected employees;
- Evaluate the performance of affected employees in order to motivate them to improve performance, increase productivity and efficiency, determine training needs and increase capacity building;
- Provide monthly, quarterly, annual and, if necessary, report on the activities and achievements of the relevant department, in order to inform the leadership of the department;
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authority in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department.
Field of Study
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields: environment, agriculture, geology, mining, public policy, public administration, public health, economics or other related fields, from national and international institutions from inside or outside The country prefers a higher degree in the above fields;
- Related to one of the departments (planning and management of projects related to environmental protection or other matters specified in the objectives and responsibilities of this post) of national and international institutions from inside or outside
- Managerial and specialized, at least three years for a bachelor’s degree, two years for a master’s degree, and one year for a doctorate (holders with less than one year of work experience in one of the managerial or specialized departments are not eligible for this position).
Managerial or specialized, five years in one of the above departments.
- Fluency in official languages (Dari and Pashto) and English, ability to lead and control administration and computer skills in task-related programs
- People with disabilities who have the above qualifications can apply for this position if their disability does not prevent them from working.