Provide sound and professional advice on statistical policies, programs and strategies of the National Statistics and Information Office.
|Number||Job Title||Vacancy No|
- Location: Kabul
- Organization: National Bureau of Statistics and Information
- Job Title: Statistical consulting
- Vacancy No: 0497-2
- Application type: Online
- Gender: Male and female
- Rank: 2
- Salary: As organization salary scale
- No. of opportunity: 1
- Relevant section: Official of the National Statistics and Information
- Reported to:
- Deadline: 25 / March / 2021
Competencies and responsibilities:
- Advising the Head of the National Statistics and Information Office on the development of policies and strategies of the Office in Statistics in order to achieve the goals and programs of the Office;
- Present plans according to the policy of the department in order to achieve the strategic goals of the department;
- Study of statistical documents, surveys, and working documents of sectoral departments in collecting, consolidating, analyzing, and publishing statistical figures to ensure their accuracy and standardization;
- Advising the head of the National Bureau of Statistics and Information in order to coordinate the activities of all departments.
- Active participation in meetings of technical committees such as the National Vulnerability Survey Technical Committee, Social Survey, Demographic and Economic Survey;
- Participate in meetings of donor organizations to gain technical support in the statistical sector;
- Advising the head of the National Statistics and Information Office to create an effective capacity building program aimed at improving the work capacity of the staff of the Statistics Department;
- Active participation in the meetings of the Board of Directors of the Office in order to provide advice on issues raised according to the agenda;
- Active and continuous cooperation and participation to attract donors and donors in order to develop and improve the statistical programs and projects of the National Statistics and Information Office;
- Study and review of questionnaires of national and international institutions and submit a report to the official;
- Arranging monthly, quarterly, and annual work plans in accordance with the general plan, in order to achieve the objectives set by the department;
- Provide monthly, quarterly, annual and, if necessary, relevant activities and achievements in order to inform the management of the department;
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the relevant department;
Participation in other internal and external assemblies and circles as a representative of the National Statistics and Information Office in coordination with the official;
Employment conditions (level of education and work experience):
- Education: Have at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields: Agricultural Economics, Statistics and Computer, Mathematics, Economics, Demography and other related fields from national and international institutions inside and outside the country to holders of higher education in the above fields Is preferred.
- Work experience: Minimum work experience from inside or outside the country in one of the sections (statistical affairs, statistical analysis, or other items mentioned in this bill of duties).
- Three years for a bachelor’s degree, two years for a master’s degree, and one year for a doctorate.
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Dari or Pashto) and English
- Computer skills in the task-related section
- Necessary skills in leadership, communication, and decision making
Note: Candidates who do not provide the required documents for this position in a complete, transparent and clear manner will not be considered eligible for this position and will not have the right to complain.
How to apply
You can apply for this job online via the official website and you can read in Dari language also click for more information on the official website National Bureau of Statistics and Information