Managing, supervising, and controlling matters related to the safety, coherence, and regulation of land transport in the province, transparent revenue collection to raise national revenues and improve the provision of effective transport services, to meet the needs of the transportation, and create facilities for the private sector.
|Organization||Ministry of Transport|
|No. of Opportunity|
|Gender||Male and female|
|Salary||Original salary + project change points from the first step 109,600.00 AFN to the fifth step 164,489 AFN|
|Job Title||Department of Land Transport Regulation of Faryab Province|
|Experience||Project management, financial management, revenue, arranging road transport affairs, or other tasks related to transport regulation affairs|
|Education:||Public administration, economics, business administration, public policy, law|
Qualifications and job responsibilities
- Identify revenue sources in the provincial land transport sector by the laws, bills, and procedures in the revenue collection sector
- Provide effective and useful plans for the growth and development of provincial land transport in accordance with the needs and policies of the Ministry in the field of land transport
- Provide communication with provincial offices, companies, and commercial institutions and attract their attention, in order to use registered vehicles, for the growth and development of land transport and increase revenues
- Ensuring the immunity of land transport through technical control of vehicles in coordination with other government agencies
- Provide facilities in the province’s land transport sector to encourage, integrate and grow land transport and private transport companies
- Management, supervision, and control of the collection of transport revenues and their timely delivery to the government’s revenue account, in order to strengthen the country’s economic strength
- Establish and develop transparent revenue collection mechanisms through the implementation of electronic systems at the provincial level
- Supervise the establishment and provision of services by land freight and passenger companies in order to provide better transport services in the province
- Supervise the regulation of terminals in order to provide the necessary facilities for passengers and transport companies
- Presenting development plans in order to better regulate urban transport and monitor its implementation in coordination with relevant departments
- Plan and arrange monthly, quarterly, and annual work plans by the general plan to achieve the goals of the ministry
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the department
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field
- Lead and provide timely information within government departments, civil society, media, and citizens of the country, taking into account the objectives of the law on access to information and the policy of the relevant department
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on Prohibition of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the Relevant Work Area
- Leadership and management of affected employees to ensure effective and timely implementation
- Evaluate the performance of affected employees in order to motivate them to improve performance, increase efficiency and productivity, determine training needs and increase capacity building
- Develop and transfer professional skills through workshops, seminars, counseling, and workflow training for affected employees
- Submit quarterly, annual and, if necessary, work reports on activities and achievements to inform the management of the department about the progress of activities and achievements of the relevant departments.
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department
Field of Study:
At least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (transportation), engineering (construction, transport buildings and other fields related to road transport regulation), urban planning, transport management, public administration, economics, business administration, Public policy, law) or other related disciplines and is preferred by those with higher degrees in these disciplines.
- Minimum work experience from inside or outside the country in one of the sectors (project management, financial management, revenue, arranging road transport affairs, or other tasks related to transport regulation affairs)
- Managerial and specialized; Three years for a bachelor’s degree, two years for a master’s degree, and one year for a doctorate (holders with less than one year of work experience in one of the managerial or specialized fields are not eligible for this position),
- Managerial or professional; Five years in one of the mentioned sections,
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and familiarity (writing and speaking) in English.
- Computer skills in task-related applications.
- Necessary skills in leadership, communication, and decision-making.