Managing coordination, adapting health research, quality health assessments, and promoting a culture of using research information and assessments in the health sector.
|Organization||Ministry of Public Health|
|No. of Opportunity|
|Gender||Male and female|
|Salary||The main salary of the project change points from the first step 109,600,000 Afghanis to the fifth step 164,489 Afghanis|
|Job Title||Department of Research and Evaluation Coordination|
|Experience||Medical affairs, health services, public health management, control and quality of health affairs and medicine, monitoring and evaluation of health affairs and medicine, research and health evaluation|
|Education:||At least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (public health management medicine) and other related fields from national and international educational institutions inside or outside the country,|
Qualifications and job responsibilities
- Managing quality research and health assessments in the health sector.
- Management of the implementation of national household health surveys in coordination with relevant departments (especially central statistics) in the country to receive health problems, causes of illnesses, and diseases.
- Collaborate to conduct quality health research in teaching hospitals in coordination with the General Directorate of Human Resources to strengthen the specialization program.
- Ensure the establishment of quality research and evaluation in the health sector nationwide and monitor the implementation of research and evaluation processes.
- Promote a culture of using data collected from research and evaluation in the process of developing policies, strategies, and planning to improve and strengthen programs in the health sector.
- Managing the process of research journals and evaluations carried out in coordination with relevant departments in order to implement them in practice.
- Simplification of work processes of the relevant department with regard to the principle of transparency and accountability.
- If necessary, act as an instructor for a maximum of two participants in the Intermediate Leadership Development Program (MMD) and MIP (MIP) at least twice a month to advise, guide, and cooperate with them in resolving problems and positive behavior, and mediate in resolving conflicts. Ensure that performance is evaluated and cooperates with them in setting goals.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual work plan by the general plan of the department, to achieve the objectives set by the department.
- Accounting of work performance and ensuring transparency in the relevant department in accordance with the applicable laws of the country.
- Transfer of professional skills through workshops, seminars, and workflow training to affected employees.
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the relevant department.
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field.
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the relevant work area.
- Lead and provide the requested information accurately and promptly on how to implement the affected departments to the information authority of the Office by the law on access to information.
- Leadership, management, performance appraisal, determination of training needs, and capacity building of employees and affected departments.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports and, if necessary, activities and achievements of the relevant department, to inform the leadership of the department.
- ٫ Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities by the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department.
Field of Study
- Having at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (public health management medicine) and other related fields from national and international educational institutions inside or outside the country, higher degrees are preferred in the following fields.
- Managerial or specialized in one of the sections (medical affairs, health services, public health management, control and quality of health and medical affairs, monitoring and evaluation of health and medical affairs, health research and evaluation) or other specialized tasks in this bill Assignments from inside or outside the country, at least three years for a bachelor’s degree, two years for a master’s degree and one year for a doctorate.
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and English.
- Computer skills in task-related programs.
- Necessary skills in leadership, communication, and decision-making.
How to apply
For more information and how to apply in the Dari language please visit the official website