The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is one of the leading ministries in the field of the country’s economy, supporting economic development at the national and local levels and ensuring responsible revenue for the Afghan government in terms of mineral resources and the only reference that makes mining possible. Facilitates solid, hydrated, and carbon mines by implementing the best international policies, regulations, and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private sector investment by contributing to Afghanistan’s self-sufficiency, sustainable development, and mining.
Objective: To provide, manage and maintain effective communication with institutions, international organizations and donor institutions in order to establish and attract result-based cooperation from the above-mentioned authorities for the development and management of the mining sector (mining industry) in accordance with the mining roadmap and Afghanistan National Framework for Peace and Development and other documents and priorities related to the sector.
- Managing and playing an active role in drafting and arranging the annual communication plan and coordination with governments/countries, regional and international institutions, and organizations of donor institutions related to the extractive industry sector to attract the support and cooperation of these institutions;
- Leading and playing an active role in designing the mechanism for identifying and providing relations with countries, regional and international institutions and organizations and donor institutions related to the extractive industry sector;
- Identify and pave the way for providing relations with countries and regional and international institutions and organizations related to the extractive industry sector by signing a memorandum of understanding and gaining their membership;
- Design a clear mechanism for arranging the priorities of the Ministry and attracting cooperation based on the Mining Roadmap, the National Framework for Peace and Development of Afghanistan, and other documents and priorities of the Ministry; And providing a platform for sharing priorities through the Concept Note plan and proposals with related countries and organizations to receive the necessary assistance;
- Providing the ground for attracting technical and financial cooperation of countries, relevant regional and international institutions, and organizations to implement the goals of the Ministry in accordance with the Mining Roadmap and the National Framework for Peace and Development of Afghanistan and other documents and priorities related to the extractive industry sector. Hold and participate in international meetings, negotiations, seminars, and conferences as needed;
- Plan and coordinate the creation of programs related to the sector and ensure that the conditions for obtaining the results of the mentioned projects are met;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work plan in accordance with the general plan of the department, in order to achieve the set goals;
- Transfer of professional skills through workshops, seminars, and workflow training to affected employees;
- Managing and evaluating the performance of employees affected, determining the training needs and capacity building of employees in affected departments;
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports and, if necessary, the activities and achievements of the relevant department, in order to inform the leadership of the department;
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department.
Arranging working relations with relevant authorities in order to coordinate and coordinate the work of the relevant department
- Field of Study: Have at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (International Relations, International Studies, Public Administration, Public Policy, Information Management, Communication, Business Administration, Economics, Law, Sociology, Public Relations, Public Management, Sustainable Development, Governance) From national and international educational institutions inside or outside the country, higher degrees in the above-mentioned fields are preferred.
- Work experience: At least two years of work experience in one of the areas (Planning, International Relations, Donor Coordination, Information, Communication, Program Management, Program Monitoring, and Evaluation) or other items on the Duty Scheme from home and abroad.
- Skills required:
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and familiarity (writing and speaking) with English.
- Computer skills in task-related programs.
How to Apply
You’re required to apply for this job opportunity online via the official website by click apply now button