Design and formulate oil and gas policies for sustainable development of the extractive sector and ensure compliance with hydrocarbon policies with the objectives of the National Framework for Peace and Development of Afghanistan, the Mines Roadmap and the legal framework of the oil and gas sector.
|Organization||Ministry of Mines and Petroleum|
|No. of Opportunity|
|Gender||Male and female|
|Job Title||Hydrocarbon policy specialist|
|Experience||Economic analysis, policymaking, strategy development, and public management|
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (Economics, Public Policy, Trade Administration, Global Development, Mining Economics, Public Administration, Oil, and Gas)|
Qualifications and job responsibilities
- Strategic and policy development, economic analysis in accordance with the government’s economic policy for the growth and development of the oil and gas sector.
- Analysis of policy and strategic plans of the Ministry.
- Draft sector-related policies of the Ministry in accordance with the National Framework for Peace and Development of Afghanistan, the Mines Roadmap, and the legal framework of the country’s oil and gas sector.
- Development of professional and specialized plans regarding the sector policy related to the Ministry of Mines for the leadership of the Ministry and related departments.
- Value chain study and oil and gas market analysis.
- Value chain assessment and oil and gas analysis, supply chain determination, production improvement techniques, transportation, costs, markets, buyers, and suggestions for upgrading different parts of the value chain.
- Planning and analysis of economic and financial affairs of oil and gas, preparation and development of financial and economic models.
- Implement research and development of practical plans taking into account the nationally and internationally accepted developments, methods, and experiences in the mining sector.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work plan in accordance with the general plan of the department, in order to achieve the objectives set by the department.
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field.
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the relevant field of work.
- Submitting monthly, quarterly and annual reports and, if necessary, the activities and achievements of the relevant department, in order to inform the leadership of the department.
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department.
- Arranging working relations with relevant authorities in order to coordinate and coordinate the work affairs of the relevant department.
Field of Study
Have at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (economics, public policy, trade administration, global development, mining economics, public administration, oil and gas) and other related fields from national and international educational institutions, to higher degrees in the above fields Is preferred.
Managerial or specialized in one of the sections (economic analysis, policy making, strategy development and public management) or other items of specialized duties in this bill of duties from inside or outside the country, at least three years for bachelor, two years for master and One year for a doctorate.
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and familiarity (writing and speaking) with English.
- Computer skills in task-related programs.
- Necessary skills in leadership, communication, and decision-making.