Management and supervision of the analysis of minerals, rocks and hydrocarbons to identify and stabilize its physical, mechanical and geochemical properties
|Organization||Ministry of Mines and Petroleum|
|No. of Opportunity|
|Gender||Male and female|
|Salary||Original salary + project points change from the first step 109,600.00 AFN to the fifth step 164,489 AFN|
|Job Title||Head of Laboratories|
|Experience||Managerial or specialized in one of the departments (Geology and Mining, Economic Geology) or other items of specialized duties in this bill of duties from inside or outside the country, at least three years for bachelor, two years for master and one year for doctorate|
|Education:||Geology and Mines, Economic Geology, Petrology, Geochemistry|
Qualifications and job responsibilities
- Planning and standardization of laboratories to be responsible for Afghanistan’s mining sector.
- Manage the registration of samples using contemporary technology and ensure standard sample preparation.
- Managing the processes of testing, analyzing, interpreting, and ensuring laboratory results about the detection and stabilization of mechanical and geochemical properties of minerals and rocks.
- Managing the testing process and ensuring laboratory results about the stabilization of the quality of hydrocarbon materials in coordination with the relevant authorities.
- Supervision of laboratory activities to obtain accurate information by the accepted standards and standards of the laboratory.
- Ensuring and monitoring the maintenance, care, and maintenance of laboratory equipment and consumables.
- Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of laboratory processes by considering the criteria of accuracy and safety by employees.
- . Ensuring the accuracy of laboratory analysis results and reports and sharing them with relevant authorities.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work plan in accordance with the general plan of the department, in order to achieve the objectives set by the department;
- Accounting of work performance and ensuring transparency in the relevant department in accordance with the applicable laws of the country;
- Transfer of professional skills through workshops, seminars, and workflow training to affected employees;
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the relevant department;
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field of work;
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the Relevant Work Area;
- Lead and provide the requested information accurately and in a timely manner on how to implement the affected departments to the information authority of the Office in accordance with the Law on Access to Information;
- Leadership, management, and evaluation of the performance of the affected employees determining the training needs and capacity building of the employees of the affected departments;
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports and, if necessary, activities and achievements of the relevant department, to inform the leadership of the department;
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities by the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department.
Field of Study
Having at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (Geology and Mining, Economic Geology, Petrology, Geochemistry) and other related fields from national and international educational institutions inside or outside the country, higher degrees in the above fields are preferred.
Managerial or specialized in one of the departments (Geology and Mining, Economic Geology) or other items of specialized duties in this bill of duties from inside or outside the country, at least three years for bachelor, two years for master and one year for doctorate
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and English.
- Computer skills in task-related programs.
- Necessary skills in leadership, communication, and decision-making.