Creating and managing an information system for collecting, storing, organizing, arranging, interpreting and interpreting geological information and information packages, cadastral and topographic maps using contemporary technology and technology
|Organization||Ministry of Mines and Petroleum,|
|No. of Opportunity|
|Gender||Male and female|
|Salary||Original salary + project points Change from the first step 132,800.00 AFN to the fifth step 201,311.00 AFN|
|Job Title||General Directorate of Geological Information Management|
|Experience||Managerial or specialized in one of the sections (management of geological information, geology or other items of specialized duties in this bill of duties from inside or outside the country, at least four years for bachelor, three years for master and two years for a doctorate.|
|Education:||Having at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields: mining, geology, information management, and other related fields, and a higher degree in these fields is preferred.|
Qualifications and job responsibilities
- Establishment of an information system for the management, preservation, maintenance, and sharing of geological information by the applicable law
- Managing and supervising the arrangement of digital and printed information packages of geological studies for applicants and investors to inform the public
- Manage and monitor the arrangement of open topographic maps using digital information
- Supervise the order, interpretation, and interpretation of spatial images in order to extract information and describe the geological, geomorphological, lithological structures and stabilization of mineral assemblages.
- Supervise the preparation, arrangement, and maintenance of cadastral survey maps
- Manage, control, and monitor the development and maintenance of a geographic system or GIS
- Supervision of the establishment of the Integrated Mining Information System
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work plan in accordance with the general plan of the department, in order to achieve the objectives set by the department;
- Accounting of work performance and ensuring transparency in the relevant department by the applicable laws of the country;
- Transfer of professional skills through workshops, seminars, and workflow training to affected employees;
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the relevant department;
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field of work;
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the Relevant Work Area;
- Lead and provide the requested information accurately and in a timely manner on how to implement the affected departments to the information authority of the Office in accordance with the Law on Access to Information;
- Leadership, management, and evaluation of the performance of the affected employees determining the training needs and capacity building of the employees of the affected departments;
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports and, if necessary, activities and achievements of the relevant department, to inform the leadership of the department; And
- Information on the performance of other duties assigned by the competent authorities by the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department.
- Ensure that senior members of the government, the private sector, and the public are informed and informed about the geological importance of Afghanistan
Field of Study
- Having at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields: mining, geology, information management, and other related fields, and a higher degree in these fields is preferred.
- Managerial or specialized in one of the sections (management of geological information, geology or other items of specialized duties in this bill of duties from inside or outside the country, at least four years for bachelor, three years for master and two years for a doctorate.
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Dari or Pashto) and English
- Computer skills in task-related applications
- Necessary skills in leadership, communication, and decision making
- Computer skills in task-related applications: ArcGIS, ENVI, Adobe Illustrator, QGIS, Matlab, ERDAS Imagine
People with disabilities who have the above qualifications can apply for this position if their disability does not prevent them from working.
How to apply
For more information and how to apply in the Dari language please visit the official website