Supervising the performance of the country’s media to provide standard information and implement the mass media law
|Organization||Ministry of Information and Culture|
|No. of Opportunity||1|
|Gender||Male and Female|
|Salary||As Organization Salary Scale|
|Job Title||Department of Media Supervision|
|Experience||2 years of experience|
|Deadline||04 / April / 2021|
Competencies and responsibilities
- Supervision of governmental and non-governmental publishing and propaganda institutions operating in the country to comply with media law and principles of journalism;
- Providing news coverage criteria and arranging publishing regulations for domestic and foreign media activities in the country;
- Growing and strengthening the mass media to inform and raise public awareness and monitor the performance of public and private media in the country.
- Focus and review news and information related to the progress of programs and activities of government agencies in order to publish them;
- Facilitate publishing licensing procedures by developing effective guidelines and guidelines;
- Study and research in the field of global media advertising and discover the methods used by them and provide appropriate methods to deal with it, if necessary, with the cooperation and coordination of relevant departments;
- Supervising the work and activities of advertising agencies (audio, video, tablets), printing presses and duplicating institutions affiliated to the printing industry and monitoring the quality of the content of advertisements and printed works in accordance with the relevant legal rules and regulations;
- Establish a committee to determine the criteria and award prizes in the fields of print, audio, and video publications within the framework of media standards and journalistic ethics for journalists and organize media activities in various fields to encourage journalists across the country;
- Supervise the implementation of the rules and regulations of publications and set the standards of news for media activities in the country;
- Supervision of foreign advertising and publishing activities in the country
- Prepare and submit a report on the state of freedom of expression to national and international institutions;
- Accounting for work performance and ensuring transparency in the relevant department in accordance with the applicable laws of the country;
- Transfer of professional skills through workshops, seminars, and workflow training to affected employees;
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the relevant department;
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field;
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the Relevant Work Area;
- Lead and provide the requested information accurately and in a timely manner on how to implement the affected departments to the information authority of the Office in accordance with the Law on Access to Information;
- Leadership, management, performance evaluation, training needs, and capacity building of affected departments;
- Submitting monthly, quarterly and annual reports and, if necessary, the activities and achievements of the relevant department, in order to inform the leadership of the department;
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department.
- Providing communication with relevant authorities (National Radio and Television, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, National Security ..) in order to eliminate broadcasting deficiencies in the country.
- Provide communication with media units, civil society activists and other institutions related to information affairs in order to better and more effectively coordinate information affairs.
Field of Study
Have at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (language and literature, journalism, communication, sociology, philosophy, anthropology, history, law, sharia (jurisprudence and law), political science, public relations, press, culture and education ) And other related fields from national and international educational institutions inside or outside the country, higher degrees in the above fields are preferred.
Managerial or specialized in one of the departments (media affairs, media supervision, news, reporting, press, information) or other items of specialized duties in this bill of duties from inside or outside the country, at least three years for a bachelor’s degree, two years for a master’s degree and one year for a doctorate.
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and familiarity (writing and speaking) with English.
- Computer skills in task-related to the job
- Necessary skills in the areas of data analysis and consolidation, leadership, communication, and decision making.
How to apply
All eligible candidate is required to apply for this opportunity online via the official website that we have mentioned at the support link. if you want to read the complete information in Dari language also find in bellow
For more information please visit the official website of the Independent Administrative Reform Civil Service Commission