|Organization||Ministry of Information and Culture|
|No. of Opportunity|
|Gender||Male and female|
|Job Title||Cultural values in the country of India, Tajikistan, and Russia|
|Experience||Three years of work-related work experience in the cultural and publishing fields at senior and intermediate management levels.|
|Education:||Sociology, anthropology, law, political science, sharia (jurisprudence and law), history, literature, journalism, philosophy, culture and art, economics, and fine arts|
Qualifications and job responsibilities
- Active participation in circles, assemblies, conferences, seminars, workshops, and other cultural issues organized by the host country and other political and cultural representations residing in the host country;
- Study and research in the field of global media advertising and discover the methods used by them and adopt appropriate methods against it if necessary;
- Creating grounds for the spread of Afghan culture in the host countries with the cooperation of the relevant institutions of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and its defense and support;
- Use of the embassy website to introduce cultural and artistic values to the world and to share cultural programs;
- Presence in the media, communication with universities, dialogue centers of cultures and civilizations, holding conferences, seminars, meetings, sending cultural and scientific groups from the host country to Afghanistan and vice versa;
- Participation in exhibitions, especially the International Book Fair and Tourism Fair, liaison with elites and journalists, academies and art galleries and libraries;
- Organizing cultural meetings between Afghan nationals and students sent to study in the host country;
- Organizing exhibitions and various events of national cultural works and other cultural assets of the country;
- Distribution of brochures, pamphlets, and small pamphlets on the culture, civilization, history, and tourist attractions of Afghanistan in the host country;
- Arranging round tables and setting up artistic and cultural circles to introduce the authentic and national music of Afghanistan,
- Reflection of what is broadcast and commented on in the press, radio, and television of the host country about the culture and cultural events of Afghanistan by sending a summary to the Ministry of Information and Culture;
- Laying the groundwork for concluding contracts and memoranda of understanding in the field of cultural exchanges, tourism, news, press, and participation in meetings of regional and international organizations of staff training of the Ministry of Information and Culture in matters related to cooperation and coordination of the Ministry of Information and Culture;
- Pursue cultural agreements and memoranda of understanding between Afghanistan and the host country;
- Understanding the requirements and developments of the time and the cultural achievements of human societies and using results that are compatible with common cultural principles and values;
- Sending cultural and artistic materials and facilities between the host and host country and equipping Afghan cultural missions in order to expand and increase the cultural, artistic, and propaganda presence, news, and press in the international arena;
- Provide specialized resources such as archeology, creative and talented manpower, cultural centers, research, and scientific centers, libraries, and manuscripts to enrich the common culture between the two countries
- Arrange monthly, quarterly, and annual work plans in accordance with the general plan in order to achieve the set goals.
- Provide quarterly, annual and, if necessary, reports on relevant activities and achievements, in order to inform the leadership of the Ministry.
- Supervise the cultural, artistic, and propaganda activities of the private sector related to Afghanistan in the host country and establish the necessary coordination with them.
- Performing other duties assigned to him by the competent authorities in accordance with the legislative documents and the basic lines of the country’s policy;
- Providing cultural relations with the universities of the host country to provide short-term and long-term scholarships for the staff of the Ministry of Information and Culture in various sectors;
- Liaise with Afghans living in the host country in order to preserve the authentic Afghan culture and hold various programs for them at the public level, such as Nowruz celebration, celebrating national and patriotic days, and commemorating the national and cultural figures of the country;
Field of Study
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree in sociology, anthropology, law, political science, sharia (jurisprudence and law), history, literature, journalism, philosophy, culture and art, economics and fine arts from national and international educational institutions Domestic or abroad, higher degrees in the above fields are preferred.
- Three years of work-related work experience in the cultural and publishing fields at senior and intermediate management levels.
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari);
- Fluency in one of the international languages or complete mastery of the language of the host country;
- Computer skills in task-related programs;
- Provide effective communication, good negotiator, good familiarity with the culture of the country
How to apply
For more information and how to apply in the Dari language please visit the official website