Managing and overseeing matters related to the design and implementation of provincial development plans and programs in accordance with national development policies and programs, Afghanistan Sustainable Development Goals, and advancing matters related to the Provincial Development Committee.
|Organization||Ministry of Economy|
|No. of Opportunity|
|Gender||Male and female|
|Salary||Original salary + project change points from the first step 109,600.00 AFN to the fifth step 164,489 AFN|
|Experience||Minimum work experience from inside or outside the country in one of the areas (project management, development plan and analysis of policies and plans, coordination and communication, monitoring and evaluation, or other cases|
|Education:||Have at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, Governance, Development Studies, Public Management, Project Management, Agriculture and Engineering Seoul) and a higher degree in these fields is preferred.|
Qualifications and job responsibilities
- Leading and advancing Provincial Development Committee meetings and chairing the Provincial Development Committee (D.C) meeting in the absence of a governor
- Sharing the challenges and problems of provincial development projects and programs with the Provincial Development Committee and other relevant institutions in order to take timely decisions to address them.
- Plan and develop annual provincial development strategies, policies, and programs in the light of national plans and programs and Afghanistan Sustainable Development Goals in coordination with relevant departments
- Provide technical assistance to sectoral committees and local administrations in relation to the draft development budget and the provincial development program, respectively.
- Identify existing development potentials in the province and establish sectoral and project priorities at the provincial level
- Evaluate and provide advice to relevant departments, competent authorities of the province, and the Ministry of Economy regarding the opportunities and effective use of investments in the public and private sectors
- Unification of projects and development programs of the province and sending them to the central offices
- Collaborate in solving economic and development problems of provincial administration programs by providing them with effective technical and economic advice
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of the results of all provincial development programs of sectoral departments and non-governmental organizations in cooperation with relevant departments
- Ensuring the inclusion of information on project progress in the Provincial Monitoring and Reporting System and updating this system in cooperation with local sector departments
- Arranging analytical reports on the implementation of all development projects at the provincial level and submitting them to the competent authorities on a quarterly, annual, or as necessary basis
- Preparation and arrangement of the work plan of the relevant department on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis in accordance with the general plan to achieve the strategic goals of the Ministry
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan and human resources management of the relevant department
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field of work
- Leading and providing timely information within government departments, civil society, media, and citizens, taking into account the objectives of the law on access to information and the policy of the relevant department
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the Relevant Work Area
- Provide transparency and accountability of the work of the relevant department to achieve the necessary goals
- Leadership and management of affected employees to ensure effective and timely implementation
- Evaluate the performance of affected employees in order to motivate them to improve performance, increase efficiency and productivity, determine training needs and increase capacity building
- Develop and transfer professional skills through workshops, seminars, counseling, and workflow training for affected employees
- Submit quarterly, annual and, if necessary, work reports on activities and achievements in order to inform the leadership of the department about the progress of activities and achievements of the relevant departments.
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department
Field of Study
Have at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, Governance, Development Studies, Public Management, Project Management, Agriculture and Engineering Seoul) and a higher degree in these fields is preferred.
- Minimum work experience from inside or outside the country in one of the sectors (project management, development, and analysis of policies and plans, coordination and communication, monitoring and evaluation, or other items specified in the objectives and responsibilities of this position)
- Managerial and specialized; Three years for a bachelor’s degree, two years for a master’s degree, and one year for a doctorate (holders with less than one year of work experience in one of the managerial or specialized fields are not eligible for this position),
- Managerial or professional; Five years in one of the mentioned sections,
- Fluency in one of the official languages of the country (Pashto or Dari) and familiarity (writing and speaking) in English
- Computer skills in task-related applications.
- Necessary skills in leadership, communication, and decision making