The Civil Service Board will award the second Rank in the Ministry of Public Health (two-position ) for hiring qualified staff.
Eligible applicants can submit the application forms online from the website of the Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission via the link (www.iarcsc.com).
- Paktia Public Health Department
- Badakhshan Public Health Department
- Location: Paktia, Badkhshan
- Gender: Male and Female
- Application type: Online
- Organization: Ministry of Public Health
- No. Of opportunity: 2
- Salary: As organization salary scale
Ministry of Public Health
Opinion: The health of all Afghan citizens for peace; Stability and sustainable development in the country
Mission: The mission of the Ministry of Public Health of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is to prevent disease and achieve a significant reduction in mortality in line with national goals and sustainable development goals, as well as poverty alleviation of disastrous health expenditures. Also addressing the rights of citizens by increasing access to and use of health services and quality nutrition, balanced and in the financial capacity of all communities, especially mothers and children in rural areas and also by changing attitudes and practices, promoting a healthy lifestyle and effective implementation of other health programs is. All this is achieved in coordination and cooperation with working partners within the framework of strong leadership, political will and lasting commitment, good governance, and effective and efficient management in line with the ministry’s efforts to become a “superior institution”.
The purpose of the task is to lead, coordinate and coordinate matters related to providing quality, balanced and fair health services to all residents of the relevant province.
Competencies and responsibilities
Specialized Tasks 1. Monitor the implementation of policies, strategies, guidelines, protocols and plans of the Ministry of Public Health by health service providers at the relevant provincial level;
- Supervise the principle of limited costs and achieve effective results (Cost Effectiveness and Cost Efficiency) in the provision of health services;
- Encourage and involve the community more in the planning process and implementation of health programs in order to establish and maintain a sustainable health system in the province;
- Office of supply of health services in the health centers of the Ministry of Public Health, if available in the province;
- Management of financial resources and other resources available at the provincial level which are used to ensure accuracy;
- Organizing and chairing the meetings of the Provincial Health Coordination Committee (PHCC) in the province;
- Regular monitoring of the provision of health services to those health centers run by NGOs and other institutions at the provincial level (monitoring of each health facility at least twice a year);
- Supervision and inspection of the private sector, which includes health centers, clinics, pharmacies, etc. related to the health sector;
- Reducing health consequences in the event of emergencies and coordination with the Disaster Management Committee;
- Food control in the market in terms of history and quality of its maintenance with other relevant bodies;
- Creating an appropriate mechanism to maintain environmental health and reduce industrial risks and harms on the environment and threatening the health of society;
- Supporting the reform policy and strengthening the autonomy of hospitals in accordance with the policy proposed by the Ministry of Public Health;
- Timely management and resolution of disputes in the health sector at the relevant provincial level;
Management Duties 14. Preparing and arranging monthly, quarterly, and annual work plans in accordance with the general plan, in order to achieve the strategic goals of the ministry/department;
- Identifying and proposing the budget needs of the relevant department in order to implement the strategy, policy, and work plan;
- Ensuring the implementation of laws, regulations, and procedures related to pre-market services in order to increase public access to safe, effective, and quality spices and other health products;
- Ensuring sound management, recruitment, encouragement, persuasion, training, and development of employees, for better execution of affairs in accordance with established criteria;
- Evaluate the performance of employees under the influence, in order to create an incentive to improve performance, increase efficiency and productivity, determine training needs and increase capacity building;
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field;
- Leading and providing timely information within government departments, civil society, media, and citizens, taking into account the objectives of the law on access to information and the policy of the relevant department,
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the regulation of conduct in the relevant field of work.
- Submitting monthly, quarterly, annual, and, if necessary, report on the activities and achievements of the relevant department, in order to inform the leadership of the department;
- Performing other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the relevant ministry/department;
Coordination tasks 24. Establish communication and coordination with all health service providers (Ministry of Public Health, non-governmental charities, NGOs, and the private sector) at the provincial level.
- Adhere to and implement procedures to improve coordination and cooperation between the provincial hospital, other provincial health professionals, and the public health leadership.
Field of study Having at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (public health management medicine) and other related fields from national and international educational institutions inside or outside the country, higher degrees are preferred in the following fields.
Managerial or specialized work experience in one of the sections (medical affairs, health services, public health management, control and quality of health and medical affairs, monitoring and evaluation of health and medical affairs) or other specialized tasks in this bill of duties from Domestic or abroad, at least three years for a bachelor’s degree, two years for a master’s degree and one year for a doctorate.
Necessary skills. Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and English;ب. Computer skills in task-related programs;
How to Apply
For more information in Dari langugae please visit the official website of Independent Administrative Reform Civil Service Commission