Assist the Operations Manager, Internal Audit Services in developing and executing the IAD’s audit plan, and take a lead role in the day to day execution of internal audits;
Contribute to the Internal Audit (IA) function by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk Mgt, control, & governance processes
|Organization||New Kabul Bank|
|No. of Opportunity||1|
|Gender||Male and Female|
|Salary||As organization salary scale|
|Job Title||Provincial Branches Audit Officer|
|Contract Duration||One year|
|Deadline||17 Apr 2021|
- Participate in opening meetings with Branch/Department to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement to concern departmental head/branch Managers provide an overview of all steps in the audit process.
- Develop a thorough understanding of department/branch processes in scope for assigned audits and document the processes. Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the operational processes.
- Develop a risk-based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures, and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology.
- Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional IIA standards and NKB’s IA methodology.
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings.
- Propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies.
- Assists the Manager, Internal Audit in the development of the draft annual internal audit plan.
- Supports the Manager, Internal Audit in the development and implementation of the evolving IA methodology for New Kabul Bank.
- Contributes to the safeguarding of the Bank’s assets by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Perform consulting services at the branches and departments level as per approved internal Audit charter.
- Develops & maintains effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the New Kabul Bank, including branches and Departments.
- Conducts investigations of suspected internal fraud with proper approval of IA department Heads.
- Collect, coordinate and disseminate material for the quarterly Board’s audit committee/Board of supervisors meeting whenever need by department heads.
- Other responsibilities assigned by Internal Audit Department senior officials.
Education, Experience and Skills
- For (BBA, B. Com & economics) 1-2 years of audit experience in financial institutions is required.
- Comprehensive & current knowledge Banking Law, rules and regulations.
- Adequate knowledge of NKB’s internal policies & procedures.
- Well-developed technical skills in Word and Excel.
- With a high school degree, 4-6 years of audit experience is required.
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both )
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values consistent with NKB’s culture.
- Ability to stand firm on difficult issues when required.
- Strong analytical capability.
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision.
- Logical approach of identifying and evaluating issues and problem-solving.
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Displays awareness of the need for confidentiality in sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations.
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge.