Management and coherence of operation of railway lines, stations, related equipment and maintenance of railway and rolling stock facilities in accordance with the accepted criteria and standards in order to operate without interruption of transfers.
|Organization||Afghanistan Railway Authority|
|No. of Opportunity||1|
|Gender||Male and Female|
|Job Title||Department of Operations and Transfers|
|Deadline||12 Apr 2021|
- Leading and coordinating the operation of railway lines, stations, and related equipment in accordance with the accepted standards and standards of the Afghan Railway Administration.
- Identify technical weaknesses in operation and maintenance activities and provide appropriate solutions to improve matters.
- Ensuring the provision of safe and regular services for the operation of railways and maintenance of equipment;
- Manage and supervise all operational activities of railway operations in the provinces to provide better services to customers.
- Provide proposed plans and solutions to increase the level of transfers, absorption, and transfer of more cargo through railways.
- Participate in drafting and drafting laws, regulations, and procedures related to railways and ensure their implementation within the framework of the country’s railways.
- Presenting appropriate plans in order to create the necessary facilities for the development and upgrading of the capacity of receiving and sending cargo and passengers through railways throughout the country.
- Ensuring the realization of the development and strategic goals and programs of the railway administration in the field of railway operation activities and maintenance of the relevant equipment.
- Supervise the performance and activities of the private sector, which cooperates with the railway administration in the field of operation of lines and maintenance of machinery.
- The study, study, and proposal of new railways and routes to improve the level of transfers and use of the country’s transit position in the region;
- Preparation and arrangement of annual work plan in accordance with the roadmap and strategy of the department’s reforms in order to achieve the strategic goals of the department
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the department
- Ensuring the launch of programs to familiarize new employees with the general objectives of the department and the relevant department
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field of work
- Lead and provide timely information within government departments, civil society, media and citizens of the country, taking into account the objectives of the law on access to information and the policy of the relevant department
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children and the Code of Conduct in the Relevant Work Area
- Provide transparency and accountability of the work of the relevant department to achieve the necessary goals
- Leadership and management of affected employees to ensure effective and timely implementation
- Evaluate the performance of affected employees in order to motivate them to improve performance, increase efficiency and productivity, determine training needs and increase capacity building
- Development and transfer of professional skills, counseling and workflow training for affected employees and conducting workshops, seminars in cooperation with human resources
- Submitting quarterly, annual and, if necessary, work reports on activities and achievements in order to inform the management of the department about the progress of activities and achievements of the relevant departments
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations and objectives of the department
Employment conditions (level of education and work experience):
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields: Seoul Engineering, Railway Engineering, Transportation Building Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering and other related fields. Higher degrees in the above fields are preferred.
- At least work experience from inside and outside the country in one of the sectors (railway projects, railway operation, railway maintenance and other items mentioned in this bill of duties).
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Dari or Pashto) and English
- Computer skills
- Necessary skills in leadership, communication and decision making
How to Apply
The eligible applicant is required to apply online via the official website Afghanistan Railway Administration or visiting the website of the Independent Administrative Reform Civil Service of Afghanistan
You can also visit the official website of Independent Administrative Reform Civil Service Commission