The Change Project is directly accountable to the Afghan National Peace and Development Framework, including the development priority of accountable and effective public administration systematization, as well as the goal of establishing, maintaining and strengthening civil service specialization.
The overall goal of the change project is to strengthen the capacity of priority ministries and agencies by hiring key competencies based on competency, improving staff management and better human resource planning.
Task Objective: Manage large, small, and professional mining contracts based on Afghanistan Mining Roadmap in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, and procedures to increase revenue and mobilize the mining sector
|Organization||Ministry of Mines and Petroleum|
|No. of Opportunity||1|
|Gender||Male and Female|
|Salary||As Organization Salary Scale|
|Job Title||General Directorate of Minerals Regulation|
|Deadline||30 / March / 2021|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning of bidding projects, licensing, and management of mining contracts based on the priorities of the Ministry.
- Planning and ensuring the arrangement of geological information packages and mineral investments according to internationally accepted standards.
- Coordinating to implement and facilitate the process of bidding for contracts and issuing licenses.
- Advance technical negotiations as required by the department and share information with relevant branches.
- Necessary cooperation to relevant committees.
- Supervise and regulate activities related to the management of contracts and mining licenses.
- Develop transparent contract management and monitoring framework to regulate and develop the mining sector.
- Ensuring the dissemination of information and documents of large-scale, small and professional mining projects in a systematic manner in accordance with the Law on Access to Information and other relevant laws.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work plan in accordance with the general plan of the department, in order to achieve the objectives set by the department;
- Accounting for work performance and ensuring transparency in the relevant department in accordance with the applicable laws of the country;
- Transfer of professional skills through workshops, seminars, and workflow training to affected employees;
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the relevant department;
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field of work;
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the Relevant Work Area;
- Lead and provide the requested information accurately and in a timely manner on how to implement the affected departments to the information authority of the Office in accordance with the Law on Access to Information;
- Leadership, management, and evaluation of the performance of the affected employees determining the training needs and capacity building of the employees of the affected departments;
- Submitting monthly, quarterly and annual reports and, if necessary, the activities and achievements of the relevant department, in order to inform the leadership of the department;
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department.
- Field of study: Having at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields
- Geology and mining
- Contract management
- Project management and other related fields from national and international educational institutions inside or outside the country
- Work experience: managerial or specialized in one of the departments
- Contract management,
- Project management or other items of specialized duties in this bill of duties from inside or outside the country, at least four years for bachelor, three years for master and two years for Doctor.
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and fluency in English.
- Computer skills
- Necessary skills in leadership, communication, and decision-making.
How to Apply
The eligible applicant can apply for the opportunity online via the official website of Independent Administrative Reform Civil Service Commission and you can also read more in Dari Language also on the official website