Leadership and management of statistical, information, executive / administrative and population registration services of the respective province in order to achieve the expected goals and provide better services
|Location||Herat and Baghlan|
|Organization||National Bureau of Statistics and Information|
|No. of Opportunity||2|
|Gender||Male and Female|
|Salary||As Organization salary Scale|
|Job Title||Department of Statistics and Information of Herat Province|
Department of Statistics and Information of Baghlan Province
|Deadline||03. April. 2021|
Qualifications and job responsibilities:
- Review and analysis of sample surveys and censuses to ensure the progress of work in accordance with certain criteria.
- Coherence and regulation of affairs related to the activities of current figures in order to obtain quality and correct figures.
- Ensuring the timely and quality implementation of statistical, information, financial and administrative activities in order to effectively and correctly implement the relevant matters.
- Leading and managing matters related to information activities, including geographic information, in order to implement specific goals and programs of the department.
- Awareness and ensuring the effective use of information technology in statistical, information, financial and administrative activities in order to update and standardize work processes.
- Supervise the provision of quality population registration services to the citizens of the country at the level of the relevant province in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and procedures.
- Taking care of the process of distributing citizenship ID cards in the form of conditional papers or conditional cards (polycarbonate) for the citizens of the country in accordance with the laws, regulations, and procedures of the administration.
- Checking and supervising the security and archiving of basic books (paper and electronic ID cards) and arranging them separately by the district.
- Follow up and monitor the process of collecting and recording the five vital events (births, deaths, marriages, divorces, and migrations) at the central and district levels of the province.
- Design, promote and use innovative statistical methods to better perform the tasks assigned.
- Management and supervision of the process of delivering the proceeds of the ID forms to the relevant trustee and the bank.
- Provide professional and useful advice in statistics and information to other departments to implement certain criteria in the relevant work processes.
- Collaborate to establish and generalize information systems in the relevant province in order to establish better working mechanisms.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work plan in accordance with the general plan of the department, in order to achieve the objectives set by the department.
- Accounting of work performance and ensuring transparency in the relevant department in accordance with the applicable laws of the country.
- Transfer of professional skills through workshops, seminars, and workflow training to affected employees.
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the relevant department.
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field.
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the relevant field of work.
- Lead and provide the requested information accurately and in a timely manner on how to implement the affected departments to the information authority of the Office in accordance with the law on access to information.
- Leadership, management, performance appraisal, determination of training needs, and capacity building of employees and affected departments.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports and, if necessary, the activities and achievements of the relevant department, in order to inform the leadership of the department.
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department.
- Management and supervision of providing timely and effective statistical and information services at the provincial level to ensure better coordination
- Coordinating with the Department of Administration and Services to transfer printed cards from the electronic ID printing house in the relevant province.
- Coordinating with national and international institutions at the provincial level to provide information on economic, social, and demographic figures by linking the received questionnaires and presenting them to the relevant authorities.
Employment conditions (level of education and work experience):
Field of study: Having at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields of statistics, economics, public administration, business administration, sociology, anthropology, joint field of statistics and computer, geographic information system management (GIS), information systems management (IS), Statistics and econometrics, law and political science, Shari’a (jurisprudence and law), administration and management and other related fields from national and international educational institutions inside or outside the country, are preferred to higher degrees in the above fields.
Work experience: managerial or specialized in one of the sections (statistical affairs, population registration affairs) or other items mentioned in the specialized duties in this bill of duties from inside or outside the country, at least three years for bachelor, two years for master and one Year for PhD.
- Fluency in one of the official languages of the country (Pashto or Dari) and familiarity (writing and speaking) in English
- Computer skills related to the task.
- Necessary skills in leadership, communication, and decision making
How to apply
All eligible candidate is required to apply for this opportunity online via the official website that we have mentioned at the support link. if you want to read the complete information in Dari language also find in bellow
For more information please visit the official website of the Independent Administrative Reform Civil Service Commission