Management of small and professional mining contracts and practical implementations in order to formalize arbitrary mining according to the Afghanistan Mines Roadmap in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, and procedures.
- Location: Kabul
- Job title: Department of Small and Professional Mining Affairs
- No of opportunity: 1
- Salary: As organization salary scale
- Gender: Male and Female
- Organization: Ministry of Mines and Petroleum
- Deadline: 01. May. 2021
Competencies and responsibilities
- Receiving information packages and criteria during the stages of small and professional mining projects from the relevant departments.
- Ensuring the existence of an agreement between the relevant departments on the implementation of small-scale and professional mining projects.
- Management during the process of announcing projects, registering applications, and initial evaluation of applications.
- Providing the necessary cooperation to the small-scale mining committee and the technical committee of mines in the field of small-scale and professional mining projects.
- Ensuring that the decision of the competent authorities is notified to the applicants and sent to the relevant authority for the purpose of issuing mining licenses on a small and professional scale.
- Managing the process of renewal, suspension, termination, transfer, and modification of mining licenses on a small and professional scale in coordination with the Department of Mines Audit.
- Providing the necessary technical and administrative cooperation to the holders of mining licenses on a small and professional scale and coordinating with other departments in solving their problems.
- Ensuring the implementation of the orders of the Technical Inspectors of Mines according to the guidance of the Ministry official.
- Ensuring the dissemination of information and documents of small-scale mining projects in a systematic manner in accordance with the Law on Access to Information and other relevant laws.
- Effective implementation and facilitation of the mining licensing process in coordination with the Secretariat for the facilitation of mining volunteering.
- Ensuring the advancement of all the above activities in coordination with the provincial branches and the coordination of information with the relevant branches.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work plan in accordance with the general plan of the department, in order to achieve the objectives set by the department;
- Accounting for work performance and ensuring transparency in the relevant department in accordance with the applicable laws of the country;
- Transferring professional skills through workshops, seminars, and workflow training to affected employees;
- Identifying and proposing budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the relevant department;
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field;
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the Relevant Work Area;
- Leading and presenting the requested information accurately and in a timely manner on how to implement the affected departments to the information authority of the office in accordance with the law on access to information;
- Leadership, management, performance evaluation, training needs, and capacity building of employees and affected departments;
- Submitting monthly, quarterly and annual reports and, if necessary, the activities and achievements of the relevant department, in order to inform the leadership of the department;
- Performing other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department.
- Having at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (geology and mining, contract management, project management) and other related fields from national and international educational institutions inside or outside the country, higher degrees in the above fields are preferred.
- managerial or specialized in one of the departments (geology and mining, contract management, project management) or other items listed in the specialized duties in this bill of duties from inside or outside the country, at least three years for a bachelor, two years for a master And one year for a doctorate
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and English. Computer skills in task-related programs;
- Necessary skills in leadership, communication, and decision-making.
How to apply
Each applicants are required to apply online via the official website and you can also read more information in Dari Language
- Visit the official website of Independent Administrative Reform Civil Service Commission in Dari Language