The Transformation Project is directly accountable to the Afghan National Peace and Development Framework, including the development priority of accountable and effective public administration systematization, as well as the goal of establishing, maintaining, and strengthening civil service specialization.
The overall goal of the change project is to strengthen the capacity of priority ministries and agencies by hiring key competencies based on competency, improving staff management, and better human resource planning.
The project is funded by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) Group of the World Bank and is being implemented by the Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission on behalf of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
According to the Strategic Plan for Human Resources, ministries and departments for each vacancy and incumbent included in this project, at the beginning of each year, Key Deliverables and Means of Verification in accordance with the Task Bill, the main objectives of the department, In all coordination, their work contract is arranged and attached by direct order. The evaluation of the performance of the employees who are hired in this way is done every year based on the intended report of their performance against key tasks and evidence, and the extension of the employees’ employment contract for the next year is conditional on the successful completion of these tasks.
|Organization||Ministry of Economy|
|No. of Opportunity||1|
|Gender||Male and Female|
|Job Title||(Secretary of Economic Committee of Sar-e-Pul Province)|
|Education:||school, or university graduate|
|Deadline||05. April. 2021|
About the Ministry of Economy:
The Ministry of Economy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is one of the key ministries of the country’s economic sector, which operates in accordance with the regulation of its activities and in light of the policies and development goals of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
The main tasks of the Ministry of Economy are to formulate the government’s economic development policy and strategy based on the market economy and to monitor and control the implementation of economic activities in the country, to regulate and integrate economic and social development activities, reconstruction and revitalization, unification and order Balanced growth and development programs in all areas of the national economy in the center and provinces are aimed at eliminating economic backwardness, improving the living standards and poverty alleviation, increasing per capita income in the light of government policy and encouraging, supporting and strengthening the private sector. In addition to the above key tasks, the Ministry of Economy is responsible for coordinating and adapting Afghanistan’s Sustainable Development Goals and managing the affairs related to the registration, cohesion, monitoring, and evaluation of non-governmental organizations.
The Ministry of Economy is one of the leading ministries in the field of implementing administrative reforms. In addition to the complementary implementation of the rank and salary system, the Ministry of Economy has been able to successfully implement the Capacity Building for Results (CBR) capacity building program at the central and provincial levels in close coordination with the Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission. Since the Ministry of Economy is committed to continuing the reform program in order to provide quality and accountable services to the citizens of the country, now in cooperation with the Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission has begun to implement the second phase of the structural reform program, which is the change program. Is. This program will provide the basis for attracting and employing qualified and highly qualified people in the Afghan Civil Service.
Managing and supervising matters related to the design and implementation of provincial development plans and programs in accordance with national development policies and programs, Afghanistan Sustainable Development Goals, and advancing matters related to the Provincial Development Committee.
- Leading and advancing the affairs of the Provincial Development Committee and chairing the Provincial Development Committee (D.C) in the absence of the Governor
- Sharing the challenges and problems of provincial development projects and programs with the Provincial Development Committee and other relevant institutions in order to take timely decisions to address them.
- Plan and develop annual provincial development strategies, policies, and programs in the light of national plans and programs and Afghanistan Sustainable Development Goals in coordination with relevant departments
- Provide technical assistance to sectoral committees and local administrations in relation to the draft development budget and the provincial development program, respectively.
- Identify existing development potentials in the province and establish sectoral and project priorities at the provincial level
- Evaluate and provide advice to relevant departments, competent authorities of the province, and the Ministry of Economy regarding the opportunities and effective use of investments in the public and private sectors
- Unification of projects and development programs of the province and sending them to the central offices
- Collaborate in solving economic and development problems of provincial administration programs by providing them with effective technical and economic advice
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of the results of all provincial development programs of sectoral departments and non-governmental organizations in cooperation with relevant departments
- Ensuring the inclusion of information on project progress in the Provincial Monitoring and Reporting System and updating this system in cooperation with local sector departments
- Arranging analytical reports on the implementation of all development projects at the provincial level and submitting them to the competent authorities on a quarterly, annual, or as necessary basis
- Preparation and arrangement of the work plan of the relevant department on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis in accordance with the general plan to achieve the strategic goals of the Ministry
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan and human resources management of the relevant department
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field of work
- Lead and provide timely information within government departments, civil society, media, and citizens of the country, taking into account the objectives of the law on access to information and the policy of the relevant department
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the relevant field
- Provide transparency and accountability of the work of the relevant department to achieve the necessary goals
- Leadership and management of affected employees to ensure effective and timely implementation
- Evaluate the performance of affected employees in order to motivate them to improve performance, increase efficiency and productivity, determine training needs and increase capacity building
- Develop and transfer professional skills through workshops, seminars, counseling, and workflow training for affected employees
- Submit quarterly, annual and, if necessary, work reports on activities and achievements in order to inform the leadership of the department of the progress of activities and achievements of the relevant departments.
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department
- Coordination and coordination of activities of sectoral departments and relevant departments to monitor and evaluate the implementation of national programs and development projects at the provincial level
- Provide communication, coordination and sharing of information between selected provincial departments and councils, in order to raise public awareness and better implement development projects
- Establish and ensure effective coordination between local and central administrations, international organizations, non-governmental organizations, the private sector and hold regular meetings with them in order to implement the development programs of the province.
- Ensuring communication and coordination with national and international institutions at the provincial level for the growth of a sustainable economy through the coordination of relevant policies in accordance with the National Framework for Peace and Development of Afghanistan and the goals of Afghanistan’s sustainable development
Employment conditions (level of education and work experience):
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, Governance, Development Studies, Public Management, Project Management, Agriculture and Engineering Seoul) and a higher degree in these fields is preferred.
- Minimum work experience from inside or outside the country in one of the sections (project management, development, and analysis of policies and plans, coordination and communication, monitoring and evaluation, or other items mentioned in the objectives and responsibilities of this position)
- Managerial and specialized; Three years for a bachelor’s degree, two years for a master’s degree, and one year for a doctorate (those with less than one year of work experience in one of the managerial or specialized fields are not eligible for this position),
- Managerial or professional; Five years in one of the sections mentioned,
- Fluency in one of the official languages of the country (Pashto or Dari) and familiarity (writing and speaking) in English
- Computer skills related to the task.
How to apply
All eligible candidate is required to apply for this opportunity online via the official website that we have mentioned at the support link. if you want to read the complete information in Dari language also find in bellow
For more information please visit the official website of the Independent Administrative Reform Civil Service Commission