Ensuring safe conditions and health rights for patients through the regulation of midwives’ professional affairs, including licensing, monitoring the implementation of professional and ethical standards.
- Title: Chairman of the High Council of Midwives
- Rank, Position: 2
- Organization: Ministry of Public Health
- Section: Deputy Minister of Finance and Administration / General Directorate of Human Resources
- Location: Kabul
- No. of opportunity: 1
- Deadline: 26. April. 2021
Competencies and responsibilities:
- Registration and issuance of activity licenses for midwives who work professionally and clinically in Afghanistan.
- Develop and monitor the correct application of professional and behavioral standards for midwives and lay the groundwork, follow-up, and continuous development of professional knowledge of castles.
- Taking exams for new graduates of educational institutions and accreditation to midwifery educational institutions.
- Draft criteria for establishing midwifery educational institutions and propose the issuance, renewal, or revocation of licenses based on it.
- Approving and supervising the implementation of the curriculum of midwives’ programs in the country and handling complaints and professional violations of midwives before referring them to the judicial authorities.
- Adopt appropriate disciplinary measures against midwives who act contrary to professional and medical standards.
- Establish scientific and research communities with midwifery councils of other countries and related associations in order to share and exchange knowledge and information.
- Participate in drafting legislative documents, policies, and procedures related to midwifery and cooperating in launching professional research and studies.
- Develop the necessary regulations, procedures, and guidelines related to the activities of the midwifery council, request and collect the necessary information from other relevant authorities.
- In coordination with the Registration Committee, review the documentation of those unregistered Afghan midwives and foreign midwives residing in the country who are expected to perform clinical activities during their temporary stays in Afghanistan, such as registration, examinations, professional standards, ethical standards, and development. Professional continuity and so on.
- Collect and provide comprehensive and accurate documents, materials, and information to develop the council website database and ensure continuous updating of information on the website.
- Active participation in the translation of relevant documents of the Council from English into official languages and vice versa, development and implementation of short-term and long-term action plans.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work plan in accordance with the general plan of the department, in order to achieve the objectives set by the department.
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the relevant department.
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field.
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the relevant field of work.
- Submitting monthly, quarterly and annual reports and, if necessary, activities and achievements of the relevant department, in order to inform the leadership of the department.
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department
Conditions of employment:
- Acquisition of at least a bachelor’s degree (higher qualification) and other related disciplines from national and international educational institutions inside or outside the country is preferred to higher degrees in the following field.
- Work experience: managerial or specialized in one of the departments (medical affairs, health services, public health management, control and quality of health and medical affairs, monitoring and evaluation of health and medical affairs, midwifery affairs) or other items included in this specialized duties Bill of duties from home or abroad, at least three years for a bachelor’s degree, two years for a master’s degree and one year for a doctorate.
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and familiarity (writing and speaking) with English;
- Computer skills in task-related programs;
- Necessary skills in leadership, communication, and decision-making.
How to Apply
All applicants are required to apply online via the official website of the organization, keep in mind that apply before the deadline of the opportunity the late application will not be accepted by the organization. to get more information please click on apply now button