The Transformation Project is directly accountable to the Afghan National Peace and Development Framework, including the development priority of accountable and effective public administration systematization, as well as the goal of establishing, maintaining, and strengthening civil service specialization.
The overall goal of the change project is to strengthen the capacity of priority ministries and departments by hiring key competencies based on competency, improving staff management, and better human resource planning.
The Change Project is funded by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Assistance Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) Group of the World Bank, and is being implemented by the Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission on behalf of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
|Number||Job Title||Vacancy No|
|1||Badghis Digital Coordinator Department||0186-3|
- Location: Badghis
- Department: Badghis Digital Coordinator Department
- Organization: Ministry of Information Technology, Telecommunications, and Science
- Gender: Male and Female
- Application type: Online
- Salary: As organization salary scale
- Relevant section: Chief Financial and Administrative Officer
- No of opportunity: One
- Salary: Original salary + change project points from the first step 109,600.00 AFN to the fifth step 164,489 AFN according to the guidelines for payment of change project points
- Deadline: 25 / march / 2021
Managing and supervising matters related to the provision of technology and digital services at the provincial and district levels and implementing the guidelines, procedures and policies of the Ministry
- Design and development of guidelines, procedures, and policies for digital and information technology at the provincial level in coordination with the relevant central and private sectors
- Technical supervision and control of activities related to telecommunications, information technology, and development of digital services at the provincial level for better management and effective service delivery
- Support and address public complaints regarding information and telecommunication technology services in coordination with relevant departments, including Atra and Afghan Telecom in the province
- Collecting revenues of the telecommunication sector and information technology according to the set goals and transferring them to the relevant account of the Ministry of Finance to strengthen the economic strength of the country
- Development of coverage area of information technology, digital technology, and digital economy to the level of villages and neighborhoods of the respective province
- Ensuring the connection of villages and neighborhoods with fiber optics and its maintenance and care for sustainable and effective access to information technology services in coordination with the local and regional connection unit
- Supervision and control of companies providing information technology and digital services and submitting its report to the relevant authorities
- Plan and arrange monthly, quarterly, and annual work plans in accordance with the general plan to achieve the goals of the ministry
- Identify and propose budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the department
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field of work
- Leading and providing timely information within government departments, civil society, media, and citizens of the country, taking into account the objectives of the law on access to information and the policy of the relevant department
- Observing and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the Code of Conduct in the Relevant Work Area
- Leadership and management of affected employees to ensure effective and timely implementation.
- Evaluate the performance of affected employees in order to motivate them to improve performance, increase efficiency and productivity, determine training needs and increase capacity building
- Develop and transfer professional skills through workshops, seminars, counseling, and workflow training for affected employees
- Submitting quarterly, annual and, if necessary, work reports on activities and achievements in order to inform the management of the department about the progress of activities and achievements of the relevant departments
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the department
- Provide communication and coordination with all governmental and non-governmental organizations to better advance the relevant affairs
- Participate in national and international meetings to gain new experiences and use them in digital work programs and innovation
- Provide communication and coordination with the private sector ICT for the development of digital services in the province
Employment conditions (level of education and work experience):
- Education: At least a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields (Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Technology, and Telecommunications, Computer Engineering, Information Technology Management, Computer Program Engineering, Information Systems) or other related fields and for degree holders Higher education in these fields is preferred.
- Work experience: Minimum work experience from inside and outside the country in one of the sectors (information technology, telecommunications, or other tasks related to information technology and telecommunications)
- Managerial and specialized; Three years for a bachelor’s degree, two years for a master’s degree, and one year for a doctorate (those with less than one year of work experience in one of the managerial or specialized fields are not eligible for this position)
- Managerial or professional; Five years in one of the sections mentioned,
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and familiarity (writing and speaking) with English.
- Computer skills in task-related section.
- Necessary skills in leadership, communication, and decision-making.
How to Apply
You can apply for this opportunity online via the official website of the Ministry of Information Technology, Telecommunications, and Science and you can also read more about this vacancy in Dari Language also at the official website
For more information please visit the official website of the Ministry of Information Technology, Telecommunications, and Science