Objective Task Tasks related to the Universal Service Obligation provide relationships for the advancement of international postal relations.
|Number||Job Title||Vacancy No|
|1||Afghanistan Postal Regulatory Authority ( APRA )||0152-2|
- Location: Kabul
- Organization: Ministry of Information Technology, Telecommunications, and Science
- Job Title: Afghanistan Postal Regulatory Authority ( APRA )
- Vacancy No: 0152-2
- Gender: Male and Female
- Application type: Online
- Rank: 2
- No. of opportunity: 1
- Reporting to: Deputy Director of Policy and Program
- Deadline: 25 / March / 2021
Competencies and responsibilities:
- Monitoring the fulfillment of government objectives in relation to the financial and operational obligations of USO, s postal services as provided for in the Postal Services Regulations Act.
- Follow and finalize the law on the regulation of postal services with legislative institutions to provide effective postal services in the country.
- check and control the results of postal services by comparing criteria such as accessibility, reasonable price, and quality of services.
- Issuance of activity licenses for postal service applicants in accordance with the provisions of the law and relevant regulations.
- check the performance of the holders of postal service licenses within the framework of postal service agreements and preventing the supply of unlicensed postal services in the postal market.
- A sensible policy plan to create healthy and fair competition among postal service providers.
- Provide a practical way to resolve disputes between suppliers and customers of postal services with suppliers.
- Preparation and arrangement of regulations, national licenses, procedures, bills, and other supporting documents for the effective implementation of services in accordance with the provisions of the law.
- Implementation of the provisions of the law and postal regulations regarding the observance of the rights and duties of customers and suppliers of postal services
- Determining the limits of postal microservice services in accordance with the provisions of the law.
- Provide professional relations with global, regional postal unions and other postal institutions.
- Providing professional advice for the development and modernization of postal services in the country.
- Postal market analysis to attract investments for the growth and development of the sector.
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field;
- Lead and provide timely information within government departments, civil society, media, and citizens of the country, taking into account the objectives of the law on access to information and the policy of the relevant department;
- Provide transparency and accountability of the work of the relevant department to achieve the necessary goals.
- Preparation and arrangement of the work plan of the relevant department on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis in accordance with the general plan to achieve the strategic goals of the Ministry
- Identifying and proposing budget requirements based on the annual work plan of the relevant departments
- Achieving the goals and programs of the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant field of work
- Leading and providing timely information within government departments, civil society, media, and citizens of the country, taking into account the objectives of the law on access to information and the policy of the relevant department.
- Observance and ensuring the implementation of the Administrative Enforcement Law, the Law on the Prevention of Harassment of Women and Children, and the regulation of conduct in the relevant field of work
- Development and transfer of professional skills through workshops, seminars, and workflow training.
- Evaluate the performance of affected employees in order to motivate them to improve performance, increase efficiency and productivity, determine training needs and increase capacity building.
- Submitting quarterly, annual and, if necessary, work reports on activities and achievements in order to inform the leadership of the department about the progress of activities and achievements of the relevant departments of the Ministry.
- Perform other duties assigned by the competent authorities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and objectives of the relevant ministry/department.
Employment conditions (level of education and work experience):
- Education: At least a bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: administration and business, law and political science, international relations, economics, public administration, public policy, communications, and other related fields, and a higher degree is preferred in the mentioned fields.
- Work Experience: Relevant work experience in one of the departments (similar or specialized management or other materials mentioned in the goals and responsibilities of this position) at least three years for a bachelor’s degree and two years for a master and one year for a doctorate
- Fluency in one of the official languages (Pashto or Dari) and fluency (writing and speaking) in English;
- Computer skills in task-related to the job
How to Apply
You can apply for this opportunity online via the official website of the Ministry of Information Technology, Telecommunications, and Science, and you can also read more in Dari Language and visit the official website to get more information and download the application form. Official website